It’s my family’s favorite cookie, and it is not my recipe. I just follow directions well. They’re many versions of this recipe online. I use the one from the Neiman Marcus website. Here it is for you. Enjoy!
1/2 cup of butter, softened ( 1 stick )
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract ( I use Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla )
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (I always use just 1 teaspoon, its more than enough)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli 60% cacao baking chips)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream softened butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy
- Beat in large egg and vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix at low speed until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Using a 1-ounce scoop, drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Sometimes a 15 minute bake time is all you need. ( just check it )
- The original recipe doesn’t call for it, but if you sprinkle a little Maldon Sea Salt right before you place cookies in the oven, you won’t be disappointed.
- If you don’t have espresso powder, instant espresso coffee will work.